Prior to installing you need to verify you have the supported hardware and software required to run the Lotus Notes® Traveler server.
The hardware system requirements for Lotus Notes Traveler server are the same as those for the Lotus® Domino® server. See the Domino 8.0.1 system requirements link, referenced below.
The Lotus Notes Traveler server requires approximately 250 MB of free RAM and 500 MB of free disk space for database and log files.
Lotus Notes Traveler server can be installed on the following operating systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® 2003 Standard Edition 32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition 32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 2003 R2 Standard Edition 32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition 32-bit or 64-bit
Note: Itanium-based 32-bit and 64-bit systems are not supported.
The Lotus Notes Traveler server must be installed on a Domino server running Lotus Domino 8.0.1.
Note: The mail files accessed on behalf of the mobile device users by the Lotus Notes Traveler service must be running on at least Domino 7.0.2 servers or above. Remote Domino mail servers can be installed on any operating system that the Domino server supports. Only the Domino server that is hosting the Lotus Notes Traveler server task is required to run Lotus Domino 8.0.1.
IBM® Lotus Notes Traveler is supported on Microsoft Windows Mobile devices.
IBM Lotus Notes Traveler is supported on the following devices:
- Windows Mobile 5.0 for PocketPC
- Windows Mobile 5.0 for PocketPC Phone Edition
- Windows Mobile 5.0 for SmartPhone
- Windows Mobile 6.0 Classic
- Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional
- Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard
In addition to the list above, the Lotus Notes Traveler 126.96.36.199 client is also supported on the following devices:
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Classic
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional